Utah Regional Ballet, currently in residence at Utah Valley University, is pleased to announce our seventh annual Choreography Design Competition, which is supported by We C.A.R.E grant from Orem City, UVU Department of Dance, and UVU School of the Arts. The program is designed to give talented dance professionals and students a forum to showcase their choreography.
Choreography Design Competition is a wonderful example of URB’s commitment to mentor and develop professional artists. Participants will have opportunities to make new works of quality innovation and impact or set a work previously choreographer. Each Choreographer will have one-week residency with the Company. Finalists will be selected to create/set works on Utah Regional Ballet Company for the Choreography Design Project performance, January 26, 27, 2017.
The proposed works can be classical or contemporary in style, and approximately 8-10 minutes in length. You may set something already choreographed or create something new. Choreography Finalists will be notified by January 1st, 2017, and must be available to work with the URB Company one of the following weeks:
• January 9th - January 14th, 2017
• January 16th - January 21st, 2017
• Staging Rehearsal January 24th
• Dress rehearsal January 25th
• Performances - January 26 & 27, 2017 Ragan Theatre Utah Valley University
To apply, submit a cover letter, a copy of the application to me, detailing your plan and choreographic intent and music to be used. Also include a link of choreography samples and/or a link to the work you would like to set. Be as specific and give as much detail as possible.
Please email to: Jacqueline Colledge at the following: Colledja@uvu.edu Utah Valley University before December 20, 2017.
1. Independent Professionals and the Artistic Director will judge all rounds of the competition.
2. No previous winner from the 2016 competition is eligible to apply.
3. Choreographers must be in attendance at the awards performance, Jan. 27, 2017
The Company Artistic Director will determine all casting with the choreographers. For further information, contact me at email@example.com or 801-863-7480.